Back End Developer
Netherlands, Zuid-Holland, RotterdamEngineering
We provide our distribution partners with the best in class, tailor made, digital customer journeys. We embed these directly within their existing products & services by offering the right integration methods (API's, web apps). We ensure to offer the right tailor made product that meets the needs of our distribution partners and their customers.
Alicia makes use of a state-of-the-art tech stack (Python, Django, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, Rabbit MQ, AWS SQS, Pyramid and Wagtail). As a Back-end Developer at Alicia you are responsible for the data processing layer within our tech stack. Part of our back-end development is currently outsourced and you will be the first inhouse Alicia engineer! During the first 3 months you will be trained by our Senior Back-end Developer before starting your own projects. Being our first inhouse engineer you'll help further grow our development team and you'll have a important role in assessing new team members (Front-end & Back-end).
What you will be doing.
- You will be responsible for our data processing layer and its architecture.
- You will ensure the integrity of our data layer remains safe and sound, whilst we continuously add new functionalities.
- You will constantly find the best fitting solutions that enable a deeper yet manageable data layer.
- You will be part of a broader team, in which you will work closely with the Product Owner, Front-End Developer(s) and UX Designer(s)
- You will constantly make yourself aware of the latest and greatest technologies available in the global insurtech / fintech market.
- You will advice the CTO on gaps between our existing technologies and those available in the market. Of course you'll advice on how to bridge this gap too.
What you have.
- You have 2-4 years of experience with Python and preferably Django and PostgreSQL.
- You are able to clearly communicate and prioritize, assess and advice what the impact is of changes to our data layer (pros and cons).
- You are also pro-active in helping prioritizing the overall work of the team.
- You are a quick learner.
- You are fluent in both English and Dutch.
- You possess a higher education degree (HBO/WO) in Data Science / Engineering / Tech.
What we offer!
- Salary (range: 65-80K)
- Large 4K Screen
- Premium Laptop
- Flexible working hours
- Tailor made Nike Airs
- Working From Home Internet allowance
- Fresh in office lunch
- Pension scheme
- Mentoring Program
- Travel reimbursement
- Referral bonus
- Amazing work location in the center of Rotterdam (to be revealed soon!)
Our recruitment process in summary.
- Submit your application - including a detailed motivation and your added value to Alicia
- Phone / video screening - you will meet the recruiter!
- Video or live Interview - you will meet with the hiring manager and one of your future colleagues
- Business case - you will solve a fictious data layer assignment (you will receive a briefing and have some days to prepare of course)
- Second and final interview with the team - here you will present your case!
- Offer - you will receive a competitive offer!
- Celebrate - we will celebrate together if you accept our offer!