Netherlands, Zuid-Holland, RotterdamEngineering
At Alicia we are rebuilding insurance from the ground up with our Insurtech platform technology. That means we simplify everything to the bone, aiming to have extremely simple and fast digital customer flows for all modern ways of working. We get users covered in seconds and insure them per minute. We do this by creating the best-in-class, tailor-made, digital customer journeys which we integrate directly into our partner's existing platforms by offering the integration methods (API's, web apps) they need.
As tech lead backend at Alicia you are responsible for the data processing layer within our tech stack. Part of our back-end development is currently outsourced and you will be the first in-house Alicia engineer! Being our first in-house engineer you'll help insource and further grow our development team. And, will manage off-shore engineers. Naturally you'll have an important role in assessing new team members. You will be a trailblazer to determine the technology and the way of working on the team and processes.
Alicia makes use of a state-of-the-art backend tech stack: Python, Django, Docker, PostgreSQL, Celery, Redis, AWS EC2 S3 SES.
What you will be doing.
- You will be responsible for our data processing layer and its architecture
- You will ensure the integrity of our data layer remains safe and sound, whilst we continuously add new functionalities
- You will constantly find the best fitting solutions that enable a deeper yet manageable data layer
- You will be part of a broader team, in which you will work closely with the Product Owner, Front-End Developer(s) and UX Designer(s)
- You will constantly make yourself aware of the latest and greatest technologies available in the global insurtech / fintech market
- You will advise the CTO on gaps between our existing technologies and those available in the market. Of course you'll advise on how to bridge this gap too
What you bring.
- You have 2-4 years of experience with Python, and preferably Django and PostgreSQL
- You are able to clearly communicate and prioritize, assess and advise what the impact is of changes to our data layer (pros and cons)
- You are also proactive in helping prioritize the overall work of the team
- You are a quick learner
- You are fluent in both English and Dutch
- You possess a higher education degree (HBO/WO) in Data Science / Engineering / Tech
What we offer!
- Annual salary range between 60k and 80k (Including holiday allowance)
- You will be able to work on our brand new products and services. You will set up our future way of working, architecture and codebase. You don’t have to worry about legacy code, there is none.
- Long term incentive plan (stock appreciation rights)
- Pension scheme
- Large 4K Screen
- Immediately a fixed contract
- Premium Laptop
- Flexible working hours
- Aliciafied tailor made Nike sneakers
- Compensation for your phone subscription
- In-office lunch
- Mentoring Program
- Travel reimbursement
- Referral bonus
- Top work location with sunny balcony at Coolsingel Rotterdam.
Our recruitment process in summary.
- Submit your application
- Phone screening with the recruiter
- Video or in-person interview with the hiring manager and one of your future colleagues.
- A businesscase will be discussed together.
- Second and final interview with the team where you present your case
- Celebration and onboarding!